Go Buy Local offers an exclusive twist to the typical local marketing firm. Looking for a one-of-a-kind professional change and make a positive impact in your town? Become a Go Buy Local Community Leader today! Community Leaders take responsibility for the well-being and improvement of their communities by giving their time and talent to advance the common good.
As a Community Leader, you will be responsible for leading a buy local initiative in your community. But, what makes this opportunity unique for you and your community? With Go Buy Local, you will have one-of-a-kind customizable buy local marketing tool kit that is second-to-none that works to rejuvenate struggling local economies, empower local business to compete with big business, contribute to local schools and causes and drives positive results to your community's bottom line.
Working with Go Buy Local, you blaze a path for community sustainability in your town! The successful candidate is an aspiring leader, self-motivated, motivated, passionate about the well-being of their town, residing and involved in their community, preferably a sales background and a super networker. Effective leaders are at the core of any successful community. Go Buy Local will provide you with the tools and training to succeed…you provide leadership and determination to drive your town's buy local initiative!
- Must be motivated, know how to get things done and understand good leadership is vital to community success
- Active in your community – you hit the pavement, attend a Chamber meetings, or local networking events, etc.
- Provide the groundwork for a buy local initiative in your community
- Identify barriers to sustainability and work to find solutions
- Use Go Buy Local as a call to action, informing community members about buy local initiative
- Mobilize local residents, business owners and community organizations to establish a buy local initiative
- Raise awareness, empower consumers and acquire support from key pillars in the community to join initiative
- Collaborate with key pillars in the community to drive buy local initiative
- Act as point person in your community for events and media opportunities
- Identify new leads and collaborative opportunities through existing and created contacts
- Generate, cultivate and maintain relationships with new leads and clients
- Local resident involved in their community
- Bachelor degree preferred
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in sales or related field
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in leading and managing others
- Skills and knowledge of sales techniques; closing techniques and overcoming objections
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Computer experience, especially Word, Excel and Power Point
- Personal computer with high speed, broadband Internet access
- Self-motivated with the ability to work flexible hours from home
- Understanding of nonprofit system and/or local committees preferred
- Local travel
How to Apply
To apply click the apply now button below to fill out the form, copy and paste your resume into the "comments" section and agree to our terms to sign up as a Community Leader and we will reply to you in 72 hours. Thanks!